Relotz is seeking an enthusiastic Part-Time Architect Intern to join us on the ground floor in building our vision.
We are looking for an ambitious, self-motivated person with the highest Integrity, Professionalism and Team Spirit. A Dynamic, Creative, Outgoing and Communicative Team Player who thrives in an Entrepreneurial environment will love working at Relotz.
The Architect Intern will be responsible for assisting our Corporate Architect in developing Blueprints for existing and proposed residential properties that we continue to acquire. This position is ideal for a person who has an intense desire to achieve, learn and grow in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. The Team at Relotz are self-starters with great attitudes and pay attention to detail while having fun.
You will be trained by a Mentor with 30 years of Architectural experience who will on-board you under his Leadership, Management and Supervision. The goal is for you to be completely in charge of our Architectural Department in the future.
You will work from your Home Office and then within 90 days you will work from our new offices in Douglasville. You will provide a computer, software and all equipment necessary to conduct your duties. This is a Full-Time Contractual Position to become Full-Time (W-2) upon moving into our new Offices.
- Be willing and able to meet goals and do what you say you are going to do.
- Complete and execute the job to the highest performance quality standards
- Write well and Communicate effectively at all levels of the Organization
- Prioritize and organize multiple tasks and projects concurrently
- Maintain an open mind to new ideas and suggestions and maintain strict confidentiality
- Possess good time management, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Be able to explain complex issues to others in a manner easily understood to Clients with limited knowledge of construction processes and terminology.
- Have excellent problem/conflict resolution skills with the ability to handle and diffuse difficult situations in a positive manner.
- Travel onsite to our various properties in and around Atlanta to obtain measurements, document existing floor plans, new layout, etc.
If you love challenging goals, problem-solving, and seek to advance Professionally then you might be the perfect fit for our Construction Manager position.
REQUIREMENTS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Valid Driver’s License, Auto Insurance, reliable transportation, and good Driving Record
Read and understand Blueprints and Specifications
Excellent knowledge of City/County/State/Federal requirements
Proficient with computers, mobile devices, and tablets including Microsoft Office, Google Suite, AutoCAD - type Software and SketchUp.
Develop and Document new and better cost-effective ways to get things done
Work closely with our Construction Team in developing Preliminary Scope of Work, Estimates, Scheduling and ongoing Construction Activities.
Coordinate with Subcontractors, Vendors, Designers, Office staff and Homeowner/Investors to deliver a project on time, budget and quality
Knowledge of New Residential Construction Drawings as well as for Renovations
Taking Field Measurements and handling Red Line Changes
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
BS in Architecture required (or at least in your third year at an accredited College)
Knowledge of Residential Architectural Design
Ability to speak excellent English essential.
Renovation Drawing knowledge for Single and Multi-Family Homes